Best Certification Programme 2018
Association of Bid and Proposal Management Professionals – APMP Certification Programme
The creation of APMP’s Certification program was designed to establish an industry standard of professionalism for a role (proposal manager) that previously had been an administrative function. The goal of the association, through its new certification program, was to transform the industry into one where its members are thought to “support” to one where its members are “known to win new business.”. Fourteen years after its creation, our members have earned just over 10,000 APMP certifications. it continues to be a key component of the Associations success and growth.
Association of British Insurers – ABI Future Leaders Programme
The ABI Future leaders programme has been running in its current form since January 2015 after a review of how best to meet our members’ needs This executive development program provides upcoming senior talent with the skills and experience needed to lead insurance businesses Created in consultation with ABI members, the two-year course complements the development pathways of their most promising executive leaders by:
- Challenging and expanding their views on current industry issues
- Giving them opportunities to enhance their soft skills
- Introducing them to key influencers outside the industry, such as legislators and regulators
- Organising multiple networking opportunities to put them in contact with peers, whom they wouldn’t normally interact with
- Exposing them to existing CEOs outside their company
Highlights of the 2017/18 programme:
- Four events, including one overnight stay in Edinburgh and two dinners, with 28 high-quality and influential speakers
- Additional Alumni events during year two, which included a guided tour of the Houses of Parliament and a ‘Widow to the Boardroom’ roundtable with industry leaders
- A 50/50 gender split providing a pipeline of influential women
- A 35% increase in applications compared to the 2015 programme
- Complimentary access
Direct Marketing Association Group (The IDM) – Professional Certificate in GDPR
The European General Data Protection Regulation is a new law governing how businesses use customer data and came into effect in May. It affects businesses both inside and outside Europe, and represents the biggest change to the regulation of data for a generation. Marketers will be one of the groups most affected. The aim was to produce a course to help marketers manage their business transition to the GDPR and then work with the GDPR. It is of particular interest for those who aspire to the role of Data Protection Officer, a role many larger companies need to handle the management of customer data.
International Association of Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection – PHAP Credentialing Program
Humanitarian work takes place in the most challenging conditions and involves high-stakes, life-or-death decisions at every turn. Yet, professionalism and accountability in this sector have long been a concern. Misunderstandings and inconsistencies are all too common, putting crisis-affected people at additional risk when aid work is not carried out and coordinated effectively.
The PHAP Credentialing Program, launched in 2017, aims to address this problem through the establishment of shared bodies of knowledge and a modular set of certifications. In addition to knowledge and skill requirements, the program includes an enforceable Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct as well as continuing education requirements, to ensure that humanitarian practitioners stay up-to-date with developments in their dynamic field.
With extreme diversity in the humanitarian community in terms of time availability, geographical mobility, and ability to pay, PHAP had to develop highly innovative solutions at every step to ensure suitability to the target audience. These efforts are paying off, and the program has far exceeded participation targets in its first year – well on its way to transform the way that aid work is done across the globe and improve our collective ability to bring urgent and effective assistance to those most in need.
National Association of Licenced Paralegals – Paralegal Qualifications
The National Association of Paralegals – NALP has dedicated over 30 years to promoting the status of Paralegal Professionals. Through it’s Ofqual accredited Paralegal Qualifications and Training NALP is raising the standard for Paralegals through bespoke qualifications that give students the practical skills and knowledge required to work within the Legal Sector.
NALP offers affordable and flexible training options, giving greater access to professional career development and an alternative pathway to a legal career.
With the virtual eradication of Legal Aid in 2013, Paralegals play a vital role in offering affordable access to justice. NALP’s Qualifications and Self-Regulation of the Paralegal Sector ensures the highest quality of client care to consumers.
Professional Football Scouts Association – Level 2 Talent Identification in Football Level 3 Player Team Match Analysis
- The Professional Football Scouts Association was formed in 2013 in the heart of Lancashire, by Experienced Premier League Scouts
- The organisation is Internationally recognised
- The organisation Delivers Accredited Football Scout Courses Worldwide
- Other services include
- International Football Trials
- Free Membership
- Scouting Network
Royal Society of Biology – Degree Accreditation Programme
“Accreditation” by the Royal Society of Biology follows an independent and rigorous assessment of degree programmes which contain a solid academic foundation in biological knowledge and key skills, and prepare graduates to address the needs of employers. The accreditation criteria require evidence that graduates from accredited programmes meet defined sets of learning outcomes, including subject knowledge, technical ability and transferable skills. Degree Accreditation by the Royal Society of Biology (RSB) aims to: foster the development of key learning outcomes and recognise the excellence that exists in giving graduates the skills, knowledge and experience to develop as bioscientists, including their contribution to global needs.
The accreditation process does not seek to define a highly specified curriculum, or an approach to delivery. Accreditation is built on the foundations of the relevant QAA Benchmark Statements as a general description about the broad minimum standards of achievement, while focussing on those areas that the RSB believes fully prepare bioscience graduates for their place in the UK and the world.
TIGA – TIGA University Accreditation System
Historically, the UK’s higher education market for video games has suffered from three weaknesses: a plethora of 255 courses made it difficult to identify high quality games degrees; just 12 per cent of graduates on a typical game course secured employment in the industry; and there was no framework for sharing good educational practice.
The TIGA University Accreditation System, launched in January 2015, has successfully addressed these deficiencies.
1. identifies the best games courses (18 have achieved accreditation), enabling students and employers to find courses that are producing industry ready graduates.
2. recognises courses with a high proportion of graduates securing jobs in the games industry (ranging from 20% to 67% on BA/BSc courses and 53% to 100% on MA/MSc courses).
3. is 87% cheaper than our state funded competitor’s scheme.
4. creates a system for sharing good practice. Accredited universities receive: a report making recommendations for improvement; an annual report highlighting best educational practice; and an invitation to an annual best practice seminar.
5. reduces industry skill shortages: by highlighting the best courses to study at and recruit from; and by promoting best educational practice.
TIGA University Accreditation benefits students, employers and the wider games industry.